Because we all know how important it is to be honest with those around us, but especially with ourselves, we have prepared this collection of quotes about fake friends to help you either get over another unhappy situation, or appreciate the love of those around you.
Quotes about fake friends
1. I have false friends, but at least the enemies are real. – Aleksandar Cotric
2. I can trust honest enemies more than false friends. – Lorenzo de Medici
3. If you are going to be a person with two girls, at least one of them must be pretty. – Marilyn Monroe
4. Don’t be afraid of enemies attacking you. Fear your friends who flatter you. – Dale Carnegie
5. Our main purpose in life is to help others, and if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them. – Dalai Lama
6. If all people knew what others were saying about them, there would be no four friends in the world. – Blaise Pascal
7. Live in such a way that if someone spoke ill of you, no one would believe him.
8. Let them judge you. Let them misunderstand you. Let them gossip about you. Their opinions are not your problem. You remain a good man, love and feel free in your authenticity. No matter what others say or do, do not dare to doubt your worth. – Scott Stable
Stats about fake friends gossiping about you
Surprise those people who have turned out to be fake or even mean to you through these false friends gossiping statuses with whom you can teach them what self-respect and the importance of a pleasant attitude toward others mean.
Inevitably, we will meet through life and false friends. They are either indifferent to the friendship we are showing, or they even have bad intentions, hoping to talk behind our backs or hinder us in what we want to accomplish out of envy. Although our friends may become our second family, the one we choose, we will come across people who will make us regret the kindness and understanding we have given them. However, it is important to remember that the one who does good unselfishly will always be better off than the one who chooses to do evil.
9. Gossip me. You tire your mouth, I live my life.
10. Fake is the latest trend and it looks like some of my friends are following it.
11. Anyone who shares a gossip with you is always ready to gossip about you. – Spanish proverb
12. Ignore those who speak to you from behind. That’s their place – behind you.
13. He that uttereth his words is a treasure. Word measurement is the most valuable measure. If you are a gossip, the world will soon gossip about you, too.
14. Those who gossip about you do it only because they are afraid of you.
15. They talk about you because if they talked about them, no one would listen to them.
16. The best thing you can do for yourself is to eliminate the fake people from your life to make room for those who really deserve to be your friends.
17. Remember that you must be grateful to those who gossip about you because gossip is a measure of intelligence.
18. It doesn’t hurt that you talk too much about me as long as you don’t mind not listening to you.
Messages for fake friends
Friendship is, after such a close relationship with family members, the long-term relationship that everyone forms freely throughout their lives. It is often easy enough for anyone to find their loved ones to call friends, but for each of us, there will be some difficult people at some point, even with bad intentions, who will prove to be fake friends. Regardless of the attitude we intend to show, the most important thing is to break this connection.
Remember how important your peace and joy are by taking inspiration from these messages for false friends and sending these words to those who have betrayed your trust that can mirror their own behavior.
19. If your friends gossip about your other friends, so that they can have the sweetest words when they talk directly to them, be sure to do the same to you. As soon as they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.
20. When you are happy, everyone is friends with you.
21. I could find an excuse for the person who betrayed love, but it was a mistake. For the one who betrayed the friendship, I can’t find an excuse.
22. A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There is a lot of knowledge in the world, but very few true friends.
23. The winner has many friends, the loser has only good friends.
24. False friends are very good and attentive to you, but only when they have a specific interest. Really good and caring friends are the ones who are always kind and nice to you, whether or not they need something from you.
25. Better without friends than with bad friends.
26. Sooner or later, everyone takes off their masks. Then you can see who your true friend is.
27. Find friends on the good days to test them on the bad days.
28. The false friend is like a shadow – he follows you when you walk through the sun, but he disappears when you are in the dark.
Quotes for fake friends
Often, we find in quotes what we come to learn from our own experience. This is also the case with failing friendships, but not through our own fault. We hope that in the following quotes for fake friends, we will remind you how important it is to overcome failed relationships and focus on the people who really matter.
29. As you climb to the top of society, you find as much mud as you find in the lower bed of society; only there, on the peak, the mud is blown away and polished. – Honore de Balzac
30. Nothing is faster than light, except bad news, which has its own laws. – Douglas Adams
31. True friends are those who are with us when good things happen to us and enjoy our victories. False friends appear in difficult times, with a rainy face of “solidarity” with us, but, in fact, our suffering comforts them for their miserable life. – Paulo Coelho
32. People make fake money and money makes fake people.
33. Some people are like clocks that show one hour and ring another. – Danish proverb
34. A hypocrite has two faces and no cheeks. – unknown author
35. There will always be people who will hurt you, so you have to keep your confidence and just be more careful who you trust a second time. – Jose Garcia Marquez
36. Favor gives birth to envy and envy to gossip. – unknown author
37. Nothing is more bitter than the poison of false friendship. – unknown author
False friends statuses
Some of us have in our group of friends the person who likes to gossip about us. These fake friends statuses will show people in your group that, in addition to finding out about their behavior, you are completely detached from the “friendship” that has bound you for so long.
38. Look back to see what you lost, then look ahead to see for whom.
39. The false one is not the one who lied to you. He is the one who, after lying to you, has the courage to look you in the face.
40. At some point, even fake people will show their true face because no one can play a role forever.
41. Sometimes I want people to be like money: if I put them in the light, I can tell if they are fake or not.
42. I love my friends, but I love my enemies the most because their envy makes me one step above them.
43. When a person has two daughters, the most important thing is to remember that neither of them deserves your trust.
Quotes about fake friends
When words don’t seem to be on your side, you need the words already spoken and written by someone who knows the situation you’ve been through. Thus, these quotes about false friends can be perfect for the moments when the nature of the feelings that the one you thought was a friend carries you makes you sad or makes you think.
Often, the English language offers us, the Romanian speakers, access to an extremely wide range of words and expressions that can express our feelings much better and closer to the truth. Since English is part of our daily lives, either through social networks or through terms we have borrowed from this language, it is very easy for us to use it even in less fortunate times. Thus, we hope you can find the wise or truthful words you are looking for in the following quotes about false friends in English.
44. Having fake friends is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get. – Riza Prasetyaningsih / Having fake friends is like hugging a cactus. The harder you hug, the harder it hurts. – Riza Prasetyaningsih
45. Some people will only love you as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stop. / Some people will love you only as much as they need you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits for them cease.
46. You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it. – Mandy Hale / You can’t lose friends because a true friend can’t be lost. You can only lose people who dress up as friends, and that’s how you gain more. – Mandy Hale
47. Friends don’t leave their friends for other friends. / Friends don’t leave their friends for other friends.
48. I’d rather have an enemy who admits they hate me, instead of a friend who secretly puts me down. / I’d rather have an enemy who admits he hates me instead of a friend who insults me from behind.
49. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. – William Shakespeare / Friend is a person who knows you as you are, understands where you come from, accepts what you have become, and continues to allow you to grow. – William Shakespeare
50. The word “friend” is a label anyone can try on. You decide who is best suited to wear it. – Carlos Wallace / The word “friend” is a label that anyone can try. You decide who is best to wear it. – Carlos Wallace
51. Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean they are your friend. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention. / Not everyone is your friend. Just because he sits with you and laughs with you doesn’t mean he’s your friend. People are doing very well. In the end, real situations reveal fake friends, so be careful.
52. People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but they will always show you. Pay attention. – Keri Hilson / People may not always tell you what they think of you, but they will always show you. Be careful. – Keri Hilson
53. I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around. – Mitchell Perry / I have more respect for someone who tells me directly that I don’t like him than for someone who acts like he likes me, but talks to me from behind. – Mitchell Perry
54. True friends are always there for you. Fake friends only show up when they want something from you. / True friends are always there for you. False friends only show up when they want something from you.
55. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. – Buddha / A lying and evil friend is much more dangerous than a wild beast; a wild animal can hurt your body, but a bad friend will hurt your mind. – Buddha
We hope that these quotes about fake friends will help you face such a person to turn your group of friends into that second family that you can enjoy every day.