How to Pull Off the Best Red Lipstick for the Holidays in Easy Steps
Holiday season is the best time to add a bright pop of color to your look with a classic red lipstick. The perfect red lipstick can really make an outfit extra special, while an ill-suited shade can be an unappealing distraction. Looking to get the best out of your red pout this season? You’ve come to the right place! Read on to learn how to pull off the best red lipstick for the holidays in easy steps.
Step 1: Find Your Perfect Red
The first thing to consider when looking for the perfect red lipstick is deciding what kind of red you want. Red lipstick comes in a wide range of shades and finishes: from matte to creamy, glossy to glittery. Picking the right red for your skintone is essential for making your lips look fabulous. Here’s a quick guide to find your perfect red:
• For fair skin tones: Go for a strawberry-red shade with pink undertones.
• For medium skin tones: Try a peach-based red for a natural look.
• For olive skin tones: Carmine reds will give you a gorgeous glow.
• For dark skin tones: Vibrant reds with blue undertones will make your lips pop.
Step 2: Prepping Your Lips
Once you’ve chosen the right red lipstick for you, it’s time to get your lips ready for the perfect pout. Before applying your lipstick, you need to make sure your lips are super smooth and moisturized. Here are some tips to prep your lips:
• Use a scrub. Mix a tablespoon of white sugar and a teaspoon of honey to make a natural lip scrub. Scrub your lips in circular motions for a few minutes to exfoliate them and get rid of any dead skin.
• Apply a lip balm. Use a moisturizing lip balm to keep your lips nourished and hydrated.
• Use a lip primer. If you want your lipstick to stay on for a long time, use a lip primer as a base for your lips. It will also make the texture of your lips smooth and soft.
Step 3: Applying The Lipstick
Now, it’s time to get down to the actual application of your perfect red lipstick. Start with using a lip liner to shape and fill in your lips. This will make sure your lipstick looks perfect and will keep it in place. Then, take your lipstick and apply it directly onto your lips. For a clean look, you can use a lip brush to create an even and precise finish. Finally, finish the look by blotting your lips with a tissue for a long-wearing matte finish.
Step 4: Finishing Touches
A red lip looks more beautiful with a glowing face! Give your holiday look an extra pop by applying a light dusting of blush to the apples of your cheeks. Apply a few coats of mascara to make your eyes pop and, if you want, you can also add some sparkle with eye shadow. Finally, don’t forget to spritz a light perfume for a fabulous holiday scent.
Now that you’ve gone through all the steps, you’re ready to show off your perfect red lip! Have a fabulous holiday season!
The perfect red lipstick is the perfect way to add a bright pop of color to your winter look. Finding and pulling off the ideal shade can be a bit of a challenge, but following the right steps can help you get the best red lips this holiday season. From choosing the right red for your skintone, to understanding the importance of prep work and application of your lipstick, you can perfect your pout in no time! And remember, finishing touches like a light blush, mascara and perfume are the way to go for a complete holiday look.