Find below beautiful quotes about books, wise quotes about reading, inspirational quotes about children’s books, but also funny thoughts about books and reading. We hope you like it and find the inspiration you are looking for.
Books are a treasure we all have access to, they open our horizons, make us dream, help us prepare for life when we are children. Because they are so important and, at the same time, because they give us hours and hours of fun and immeasurable pleasure, we have prepared a collection of quotes about books to inspire you. And to inspire your children to read and enjoy books and reading.
Wise quotes about reading and the importance of books
Reading builds us on the inside. There are some readers who say they can’t live without books. And here we are not talking about any readers, but about people like great American presidents, great writers and scientists. Albert Einstein, for example, has gone so far as to say that in life we need nothing more than to know where the library is. So here are some quotes about books that will make you want to start reading a new and good book.
- Books are the television of smart people.
2. Read. – It’s one of the most beautiful adventures you can have. – Lloyd Alexander
3. A reader lives a thousand lives. The one who does not read lives alone. – George Martin
4. A child who reads will be an adult who thinks. – Sasha Salmina
5. No matter how busy you are, you have to make time to read, otherwise you will choose to be ignorant. – Confucius
6. There is no friend more loyal in this world than a book. Ernest Hemingway
7. A library is infinite under one roof.
8. If you want to get somewhere in life, read a lot of books. – Roald Dahl
9. He who does not read has no advantage over the one who does not know how to read. – Mark Twain
10. The world is for those who read. – Rick Holland
11. Books are the mirror of the soul. – Virginia Woolf
12. What is the phase with books: it helps you to travel without moving your legs. – Jhumpa Lahiri
13. Reading is a way of thinking with someone else’s mind. And in this way it forces you to extend yours. – Charles Scribner
14. I enjoyed reading long before it became a cool activity, since the advent of the Kindle…
15. I can’t live without books. – Thomas Jefferson, President of the United States
16. There are so many ways you can expand your child’s universe. The love of books is one of them. – Jaqueline Kennedy
17. The books you read when you were young stay with you forever. – JK Rowling
18. Reading is the way people install new software themselves…
19. Reading is essential for those who want to rise above an ordinary life. – Jim Rohn
20. Wherever I am, if I have a book with me I am happy. – JK Rowling
21. Reading – that place where you are with yourself but you are never alone…
22. You can’t go wrong with a good book when you meet it. Because you feel like you’re in love. – Christopher Morley
23. A book is a gift that you can open again and again. – Garrison Keillor
24. Happiness is to start a book from a good series and to know that many more are coming…
25. There are more serious crimes than burning books. One of them would be not to read them. – Joseph Brodsky
26. Some books should be tasted, others devoured, but only some should be chewed and fully digested. – Sir Francis Bacon
27. Sleep is good, but books are even better. – George Martin
28. Don’t read like children, have fun. But not like the ambitious ones, to learn things. No, read to live! – Gustave Flaubert
The most beautiful quotes about books
Books are a source of wisdom and beauty, but also of fun and entertainment. For many of the great writers and personalities of our world, reading has been and is one of the most enjoyable and instructive ways to spend time. That’s why they were inspired to leave us some great quotes about books and the importance of reading in their lives and, in general, in the life of any reader.
29. Reading is for the mind what breathing is for the body.
30. A comfortable armchair is useless without a good book.
31. The only thing you need to know is where the library is – Albert Einstein
32. If a book is well written it always seems too short to me… – Jane Austen
33. Always be careful what we read, words have the power to change us. – Cassandra Clare
34. A classic book is a book that always has something new to tell you. – Italo Calvino
35. So many books and so little time…
36. A good book is a great event in my life. – Stendhal
37. Never trust someone who doesn’t have a book with him. – Lemony Snicket
38. Think before you speak. Read before you think. – Fran Lebowitz
39. I read a book one day and my whole life changed. – Orhan Pamuk
40. A book left in the middle is like a love story left in the middle. – David Mitchell
41. I can’t remember the books I read, just as I can’t remember the meals I ate over time. Even so, owning one is still beyond the reach of the average person
42. An extraordinary book should make you have a lot of experience and feel a little tired at the end. Because you live more lives reading it. – William Styron
Nice and funny quotes about books and reading
But readers are not rude people, on the contrary, they are open-minded and humorous people. It was therefore inevitable that funny quotes about books and their reading would appear. Let’s laugh or have fun with some such quotes about books.
43. I find television very educational. Every time someone turns on the TV, I go to another book and read a book. – Groucho Marx
44. The classic is that book that people praise but don’t read… – Mark Twain
45. Let’s be reasonable, I say, and add a day to the week dedicated to reading. – Lena Dunham
46. People can lose their whole life in the library. They should be warned about this. – Saul Bellow
47. Literature is the most enjoyable way to ignore life. – Fernando Pessoa
48. So many books, so little time available. – Frank Zappa
49. There are two reasons why you can read a book: 1. to enjoy it, 2. to brag that you read it. – Bertrand Russell
50. Moisturize your mind, read on!
51. Apart from puppies, the book is man’s best friend. It’s too dark inside the puppies to read. – Groucho Marx, comedian
52. There are books in which the covers are by far the most successful part. – Charles Dickens
53. From the moment I took your book in my hands and left it in my hands, I burst out laughing. One day I intend to read it too. – Groucho Marx
54. Sometimes I get in a taxi and say, “At the library, please! And step on it! ” :)) – David Foster Wallace
55. A well-read woman is a dangerous creature. – Lisa Kleypas
56. Reading is my favorite sport.
57. Every time you open a book to read it, a tree smiles because it knows that there is life after death.
58. To read a single good book is like eating a single potato chip. – Diane Duane
Quotes about books and reading for children
Parents play a very important role in making their children read and enjoy books. Taking life into account, some of us no longer have time to read, especially when we become parents. But if we want to have children who enjoy reading, we have to make time for it. Because personal example works best for a child. But we also have some inspired quotes about books and reading with which to inspire your children to open a book and enjoy reading it. They are quoted by great personalities of the world, including well-loved authors such as JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series.
59. If you want your children to be smart, read them stories. If you want them to be smarter, read them more stories.
60. A child who reads will be an adult who thinks. – Sasha Salmina
61. There are no children who do not like to read. There are children who like to read and children who read the wrong books. – James Patterson
62. A childhood without books. This is not childhood. It’s as if you are not allowed to enter a magical place where you can find the rarest joy. – Astrid Lindgren
63. It saddens me sometimes when I hear “I don’t read.” It’s like I’m told I don’t learn or I don’t laugh or I don’t live…
64. Books are a unique form of portable magic. – Stephen King
65. I don’t believe in the magic of my books. But I think something really magical can happen when you read a good book. – JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series
66. The stories are more than true. And not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be defeated. – Neil Gaiman, Coraline
67. Reading the best books is like talking to the brightest minds of past centuries. – Descartes
68. The more you read, the more you will know. The more you learn about the world, the more you travel… – Dr. Seuss
69. If you want your children to enjoy reading, read wonderful books aloud to them every day.
70. I strongly believe that when you read a book, wonderful things can happen. – JK Rowling
71. You can never have enough socks. Said Dumbledore. Another Christmas passed in which I did not receive any pair. Everyone insists on giving me books. – JK Rowling
72. It’s great to start your life with some really good books that are just yours. – Arthur Conan Doyle
73. There are no faster and truer friendships than those formed by those who appreciate the same books. – Irving Stone
74. Today’s reader, tomorrow’s leader. – Margaret Fuller
75. Reading to children even before they understand the words will help them to associate the books with love and affection.
76. To read means to dream with open eyes.
77. There is no book that is worth reading at 10 years old and that is not worth reading even more at 50 years and over. – CS Lewis
Interesting quotes about reading and books
The books arouse all sorts of emotions, which are more and more powerful. They also help us to make all kinds of connections between ideas, sometimes we can’t believe it. We impress ourselves. So did great writers like Haruki Murakami or JD Salinger. So here are some quotes about books and reading, as thought by some remarkable personalities of Western and Asian culture.
78. When we talk about good books, we should not talk about how much we manage to read, but how much they really managed to reach us, to tell us what they had to say. – Mortimer Adler
79. If you read only the books that others read, you will be able to think only what others think. – Haruki Murakami
80. A book that turns my back on me is one that makes you want your author to be a good friend that you can call whenever you want. But that doesn’t happen often, really. – JD Salinger
81. Good books do not reveal all the secrets of the first. – Stephen King
82. Many people feel good at the mere sight of a book. – Jane Smiley
83. Books are mirrors. You only see in them what you already have in them. – Carlos Ruiz Safron
84. “Another chapter and that’s it” – I said to myself two hours ago…
85. Books Help Us Realize That Our Thoughts Are Not Very New After All… – Abraham Lincoln
86. My best friend is the one who gives me a book I haven’t read yet. – Abraham Lincoln, American President
87. He read books as some breathe air to live. – Annie Dillard
88. A book is a dream you can hold in your hands. – Neil Gaiman
89. The role of a book is to be the bard for the great ice cream in us – Franz Kafka
90. I lived longer in books than I lived anywhere else. – Neil Gaiman
91. After food, shelter and one’s company, we need stories most in life. – Philip Pullman
92. Some you read, others you enjoy, but some books absorb you completely and take away your soul and heart for good.
93. A book a day keeps reality away from you… – paraphrasing the expression An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
94. If you don’t enjoy reading a book over and over again, it means it’s not worth reading at all. – Oscar Wilde
95. Books train your imagination to think great things.
96. Reading helps us to travel when we have to stay in one place. – Mason Cooley
97. We live for books. – Umberto Eco
98. Only those with a weak mind refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry. – Cassandra Clare
Quotes about books and libraries
For those who love books and reading, a library is truly a very special place. Just think of how many wonderful books a library holds and you have a great curiosity and a great pleasure. You are not alone. From Cicero and Borges, to the American writer Stephen King, they all had the same special relationship with this special place in our house or city: the library :). So here are some quotes about books and the library, as imagined by these writers, speakers, and politicians.
99. A room without books is like a body without a soul. – Cicero
100. I have always imagined that Paradise is a kind of library. – Jorge Luis Borges
110. Books are the perfect fun: no advertising, no batteries, hours of fun for every penny spent. What I’m wondering is why everyone doesn’t have a book with them for the inevitable moments in life when not much happens. – Stephen King
111. My library is an archive of desires and longings. – Susan Sonntag
112. A house without books is like a room without windows. – Horace Mann
113. I can’t sleep unless I’m surrounded by books – Jorge Luis Borges
114. Collecting books is an obsession, an occupation, an illness, an addiction, a fascination, an absurdity, a destiny. It’s not a hobby – Jeanette Winterson
115. Library mice are not the only ones who like to read. There are those who consider books treasures…
116. If you have a garden and a library, it means you have everything you need. – Cicero
These are just a few of the many quotes about books and reading, thoughts expressed by lovers of reading. Reading aroused a great passion in almost all the people who have been fond of books for a long time. So it was normal for the number of admiring and emotional thoughts and wisdom about books and reading to be very large. What can we tell you at the end than “pleasant reading” !!