It is vital that you come to such an event as a wedding with gifts. These small attentions will surely help the young family to start a new life and live in prosperity.
If you have been invited to a wedding, it would be rude to come without a gift. Even some cheap but original ones will bring pleasure to those who have decided to get married, important to be given with love and care for them.
Most likely, the bride and groom are aware of your modest financial means, for example, if you are a student, or have just started working, or are older relatives or godparents.
So, when choosing original and cheap wedding gifts, we urge you to use all the resources: your own imagination, the talents you possess, the wish list of the newlyweds, the advice of friends, relatives of the bride and groom.
If you have been invited to the wedding but can’t come, you can also give a gift to the young people. It can be handed in personally or through the courier service on the eve of the holiday.
Cheap wedding gifts
- Wedding card;
- Set of pans and pans;
- Linen set or a beautiful bedspread;
- Bedroom rug;
- Horseshoe for luck;
- Heart-shaped magnet;
- Bread toaster;
- Water filter;
- Picnic set for two;
- Fondue set;
- Electric toothbrushes for couples;
- Decorative wooden boards with inscriptions and declarations of love, with the help of which young people will be able to decorate their home;
- Wishes messages in a bottle;
- Dance mat – young people will be able to have fun together when they want to get rid of daily worries and household chores;
- Custom t-shirts for couples;
- Kitchen scales;
- Shoe dryer;
- Coffee machine.
Cheap gifts, but full of symbols
- Soap lamp – this symbiosis of gifts seems strange, but in fact it represents the bright and pure love;
- Hammer – you can buy a kitchen hammer, which you tie with a ribbon. This little object will remind young spouses that now they are building their happiness together;
- Champagne cauldron – every new day of the young family to be a continuous celebration;
- Goldfish Aquarium – These little magicians will help the spouses to fulfill all their desires.
Regardless of your gift, remember that it must first and foremost bring positive emotions to the bride and groom and make this unforgettable day beautiful when supplementing a common family.
Interesting and cheap wedding gift ideas
Choosing a cheap wedding gift for a newlywed couple is not an easy task, but it is doable.
Use perseverance and a creative eye on familiar things.
- Personalized jar of honey . When gift ideas seem exhausted, remember the tradition of giving honey at the wedding;
- Lifebuoy . With the help of this beach accessory, even those who can’t swim at all will not drown. The young family formed on the waves of life represents the same inexperienced swimmers. To keep their family boat from drowning, show them this token;
- Bedside table for breakfast . Eating or drinking coffee under the duvet – it’s so romantic! Young married people will appreciate the portable table and will certainly remember very often about who gave it to them!
Handmade wedding gifts
The above ideas of cheap wedding gifts highlight one simple thing – budget gift options for such a holiday still exist.
If for some reason you did not write down any of the mentioned options and no surprise idea suits you, you can create a cheap wedding gift with your own hands.
- Coffee table;
- Carpet cover;
- Original lamp;
- Knitted blanket;
- Collage of photographs, various fabrics and materials;
- Bean bag;
- Knitted body;
- Wall hangers;
- Towel rails;
- Handmade doll;
- Round bookshelf.
Tips on how to choose the best wedding gift
In this sense, there are several general rules.
- Ask the bride and groom what they would like to receive as a gift. This will save you from worries and the likelihood of giving something similar to other guests.
- You can give money.
- If you are limited in financial resources, you can buy a shared gift with another guest.
- Even if you want to offer a separate surprise to the young people, discuss with the other guests in advance what they want to give as well. This will avoid the situation of repeated gifts.
- Save the payment receipts and give the gift with it, in case you have chosen the technique or something else that requires a guarantee. Such a gift should be purchased 1-2 days before the ceremony, so that the guarantee is as durable as possible.
- Carefully wrap the gift. Choose a bag for a bright wedding gift, with glitter and bright but light colors. You can somehow sign the net for the wedding gift, so that the bride and groom understand that it was you who presented this special surprise.
What is better not to give at a wedding
When choosing surprises for newlyweds, it is important to remember the aspects that are not accepted at the wedding party.
Therefore, we present a short list of offers that can disappoint the bride and groom and can ruin their good mood.
- The mirror. In many world cultures, this object is considered a kind of gateway between worlds. In order not to accidentally let the forces of evil enter the new life of the young couple, such a gift is refused. Even if you are not a survivor, this is a very fragile thing and you may not “live” until the end of the holiday.
- Knives and souvenir weapons. The objects of cutting and hunting are considered to be the precursors of quarrels and misunderstandings. You certainly don’t want that for young husbands.
- Survivors also warn of this gift at the wedding. Such a gift brings illness to the family.
- Candles. These elements are closely related to funeral events. Even a set of scented candles can upset the bride and groom, considering that they foretell the loss of a loved one.
- Such a thing as a gift promises an argument, and if the timer stops, the marriage of the young people will “die” and they will break up.
- Vase. An empty accessory will bring emptiness to the life of the newly created family. If you want to give a vase, fill it with sweets or flowers. Suitcases, purses, etc. can also be included in this category.
- Pearl jewelry. Pearls as a gift bring bad luck. These beautiful accessories promise sadness to the husband or the bride, if the gift was intended only for her.
- According to the significance, it will take away from the health of young people.
- Amber products. Another stone that is able to separate the hearts of the two lovers is amber, so it does not deserve to be given at the wedding.
- Bird figurines. The birds symbolize the restless and hectic life of a new family.
- Gifts for the future child. First of all, the bride and groom are waiting for a gift for themselves. Second, the modern family is not necessarily built on the desire to have children.
- Icon or cross. Such a gift can confuse not only the bride and groom, but also other guests. Traditionally, children who get married are blessed by their parents or other older relatives. The rest of the guests should reject the idea of this kind of gift.
- Even if you are familiar with the style of the future youth home, antique can carry a not very positive energy and does not fit into the notion of new life.
- Unique items. Portraits, chairs, etc. can be included here. These objects should have at least one “soul mate”.
- Small things. Do not give objects at the wedding that will not bring any benefit or aesthetic pleasure to the young spouses, even if your budget is very limited.
- Underwear. These things are very personal and it’s about etiquette.
- Air conditioning unit. Any cooling technique is not suitable for the wedding gift. The signs ensure that the relationship between husband and wife will cool down quickly.
If you are in a situation where you are invited to a wedding, but you do not have any budget for the groom’s gift, be inspired by our ideas, your own imagination and analyze the groom’s life. All this will tell you what a pleasant surprise the wedding of the young people will be.
Gifts are remembered for many years to come, if you have included the creative approach in your choice and packed it in an original bag.