There are many times in your life when you feel discouraged by the way things are going. In addition, difficult situations seem to come one after the other, just as the elders say, “Trouble never comes alone.”
The list of quotes about life below may remind you that it is in your power to make a change, not to indulge in situations that do you no good, and to learn from every failure. We invite you to go through it and tell us, at the end, which one you liked the most and what other quotes will help you to overcome your problems.
The best quotes about life
1. Stop hoping. Take action!
2. Only those who risk going too far can find out how far they can go. – TS Elliot
3. There are 7 days in a week. “Someday” is not one of the 7.
4. Do something today that you will thank yourself for in the future.
5. Do several things that make you forget to check your phone.
6. Better a poor horse than no horse at all.
7. Be a voice, not an echo.
8. Stars cannot shine without darkness.
9. Just because my path is different doesn’t mean I’m lost.
10. When you think about giving up, remember what you started.
11. “Living is the rarest thing in life. Most people just exist. ” – Oscar Wilde
12. “Doubts kill more dreams than failures could ever.” – Karim Seddiki
13. In life you don’t have to wait for the storm to pass, but learn to dance in the rain.
14. Don’t look back. This is not the way to go.
15. “Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo.” – Jon Sinclair
16. It is not what you are that pulls you back, but what you think you are not.
17. “Happiness can be found in the darkest times, if one remembers to turn on the light.” – JK Rowling
18. “When you speak, all you do is repeat what you already know. But if you listen, you might learn something new. ” – Dalai Lama
19. No matter how hard it is now, one day you will look back and realize that your trials have changed for the better.
20. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to give up what you can’t change.
21. The most beautiful view comes after the hardest climb.
Quotes about how to have a fulfilled and happy life
22. Life is short and it is up to you to make it as sweet as possible.
23. Follow your heart, listen to what he tells you and don’t care what others think. – Roy T Bennett
24. Life is so much better when we focus on the things that really matter.
25. Follow the stars, but always keep your feet on the ground.
26. Laugh with all your heart! Dance in the rain, enjoy every moment, ignore the pain! Live, smile, love, forgive and forget! Life is too short to live with regrets.
27. Live, don’t ask anyone’s permission! Do what you want to do, what others think about you doesn’t really matter.
28. Dance as if no one sees you, love as if you will never be hurt, sing as if no one hears you and live as if heaven is on Earth! – William W. Purkey
29. Sooner or later in life we all discover that perfect happiness does not exist but there are some who sit and weigh the opposite: even total unhappiness does not exist. – Primo Levi, Auschwitz survivor Satisfy
yourself with what you have – this is the advice of many philosophers and psychologists. Read our article on Simple Steps to Be Happy Every Day to Be More.
30. Be grateful for what you have and you will get more. If you focus on what you don’t have, you will never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
31. Gratitude discovers life in all its fullness. Gratitude turns what we have into “enough” and more. – Melody Beattie
32. We must always keep in mind how much we have compared to how much we want and how unhappy we might be compared to how much we really are. – Joseph Addison
33. My goal is no longer to achieve as much as possible, but to have as little to do. – Francine Jay
34. Jealousy and anger shorten life, and anxiety will age you prematurely. – The Apocryphal Ecclesiastes
35. Love yourself and everything will work out on its own. You have to love yourself to do anything in life. – Lucille Ball
Try to live without regrets. If you want to try something, try it better than living with the thought, what would it be like if… Here are some quotes about life without regrets
36. Don’t waste your life in anger, regrets, worries and resentment. Life is too short to be unhappy. – Stee Maraboli
37. Rules for a happy life: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for. – Immanuel Kant
38. The happiest moments of my life were the few I spent with my family. – Thomas Jefferson, American President
Don’t worry about things that didn’t happen, it’s a waste of time:
39. How much unhappiness has cost us things that never happened. – Thomas Jefferson
40. Life is not about how we survive the storm, but about how we dance in the rain.
41. When you follow what your heart tells you, you only reach wonderful destinations. – Mimi Novic
Quotes about life and risk taking
Take risks, do not waste opportunities and opportunities and you will be happy that you have succeeded or at least tried.
42. Do not be afraid of failure, but rather do not be afraid to try. – Roy T Bennett
43. Our lives are defined by opportunities, including those we miss. – Eric Roth
44. Luck is pretty predictable. If you want to be luckier, take more risks, be more active, be present more often. – Brian Tracy
45. Of all the words ever spoken or written, these are the saddest: “It could have been” – John Greenleaf Whittier
Quotes about the importance of every moment, let’s enjoy every moment of life
Every moment of life matters, to enjoy every second to the fullest, the little pleasures, the sun, a smile, every moment lived with friends and family.
46. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be lived. – Soren Kierkegaard
47. Beauty is often hidden in the passing and fragile moments of life. – John Mark Green
48. Life is not worth living in stress. Let’s forget about it and enjoy the little joys of life. – Debasish Mridha
49. Stop! Don’t rush and enjoy the beauty of life! – Debasish Mridha
50. Life is like a novel. It’s full of suspense. You don’t know what will happen until you turn the page. – Sidney Sheldon
51. How we spend our days is, in fact, how we live our lives. – Annie Dillard
52. Life is not too short to be bored
53. One of the most tragic things about human nature is that we all tend to procrastinate. We all dream of a magical rose garden that is beyond the horizon instead of enjoying what blooms in front of our windows today. – Dale Carnegie
54. The fact that we are alive matters a lot, even when we feel like hell… – anonymous
55. I like to live. I was sometimes terribly sad, acute, desperately sad, devastated by the pain, but beyond that I know that just being alive is a great thing. – Agatha Christie
56. There is so much unhappiness in the world that it is the duty of each one of us to contribute with how much joy is in our power. —John Sutherland Bonnell
Wise quotes about life
57. Life means more than increasing the speed with which we live it. – Mahatma Gandhi
58. Life is not complex. We are complicated! Life is simple and simple things are the best. – Oscar Wilde
59. You’ll get everything when you stop asking what you don’t need. – Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
60. Those who say that yesterday was better than today devalue their own existence. – Karl Lagerfeld
61. We all make choices, and in the end, choices make us. They make us who we are. – Ken Levine
62. Don’t stop smiling even when you’re sad, someone might fall in love with your smile. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
63. You can’t prolong your life, but you can make it wider and deeper. – H. Mencken
64. Help others and share with us other life quotes to help you get through the hard times. Leave them in the comments and we will add them to the list!
65. When you lose your smile, you lose your compass in the chaos of life. – Roy T Bennett
66. Some wonderful paths cannot be discovered if you do not get lost… – Erol Ozan
67. The torments we face today will be the good days we will laugh at tomorrow. – Aaron Lauritsen
68. The formula of my life is very simple: in the morning, you wake up; in the evening, go to bed. Between the two moments I try to fill my time as usefully as possible. – Cary Grant, actor
69. People always neglect what they can accomplish by trying to do what they can’t. – Edgar Watson Howe
Funny quotes about life
70. Life still throws me lemons because I make the best lemonade. – King James Gadsen
71. You know you’re an adult when you just enjoy going home.
72. The road to inner peace begins with four words: it is not my problem. Un citat care suna mult mai bine in engleza The path of inner peace begins with four words: not my fucking problem.
73. And one I left in English, signed by an American comedian: Once you leave out all the bullshit they teach you in school, life gets really simple. – George Carlin
74. All I like to do is be immoral, illegal or fat. Alexander Woollcott
Famous quotes about life
75. Things don’t matter in life, only people. – Rosie Thomas
76. You love life the most.
Then don’t waste time, because life is made in time. – Franklin
77. Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think. – La Bruyere
78. Rejoice, drink, call your life today, but only that, the rest is up to you. – Euripides
79. In life, for nothing in the world do you have to turn your back on what you love. – Albert Camus
80. Life is like a play. It doesn’t matter how long it lasts, but how well it is played. – Seneca
81. If we do not find peace in our soul, we will not find it anywhere else. – Marvin Gaye
Sad quotes about life
82. I don’t know why we’re here, but we’re certainly not here to feel good. – Ludwig Wittgenstein
83. Our best friends but also our worst enemies are our thoughts. A thought can do us more good than a doctor or a faithful friend. But it can hurt us even more than a brick. – Dr. Frank Crane
84. The deeper the suffering digs into you, the more joy you will be able to comprehend. – Kahlil Gibran
85. Life is the second saddest of all, after death. – Edith Wharton
86. There are times in life when we can only endure the closeness of our friends. – Balzac
87. And one that sounds better in English than it would ever sound in Romanian
88. From time to time, if you’re very careful, life isn’t really awful… or in English: “Very occasionally, if you pay really close attention, life doesn’t suck.” – Annie Dillard, The Writing Life
Quotes about life and love
89. Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life alone, we find it with each other. – Thomas Merton
90. Life is not worth living if it is not lived for someone else. – Albert Einstein
91. Venus favors the brave. – Ovid
92. Love is an ocean of emotions surrounded by expenses. Lord Dewar
93. To be afraid of love is to be afraid of life, and those who are afraid of life are three-quarters dead. – Bertrand Russell
94. There is no more magical surprise than being loved. It is God’s finger on man’s shoulder. – Charles Morgan
95. To love and to be loved means to be warmed by the sun on both sides. – David Viscott
96. Love is the only reasonable and satisfying answer to the problem of human existence. – Erich Fromm
97. If we judge people, we don’t have time to love them. – Mother Teresa
98. The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved. – Victor Hugo
99. Love without sacrifice is theft. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
100. There’s no time for monotony. It’s time for work and time for love. There is no time left for anything else. – Coco Chanel
Quotes about life and feelings
101. We were born for love. It is the principle of existence and the only purpose. – Disraeli
102. He who has gone through the worst for love is a thousand times happier than he who has never loved. – Richard Monckton Milnes
103. Emotions are the binder that holds the body’s cells together.
104. Emotions help us keep on the right path, making sure we are not led by reason alone. – Maurice Elias
105. Friendship is love, but without its wings. – Byron
106. Our first and last love is ourselves. – Bovee
Quotes about life to get over any situation
107. You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West / We only live once but if we live our lives, one time is enough.
108. In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on. – Robert Frost / In three words I can say everything I have learned about life: move on.
109. Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans. – Allen Saunders / Life is what happens to us when we’re busy making plans.
110. I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to. Jimi Hendrix / I will die when my time comes, so let me live the way I want.
111. You cannot find peace by avoiding life. – Michael Cunningham, The Hours / We cannot find inner peace by avoiding life.
112. Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. Margaret Mitchell / Life is not bound to give us what we want.
113. Live to the point of tears. – Albert Camus / Live so intensely as to shed tears!
114. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. – Anais Nin / Life enters the water or grows according to the courage of each.
115. Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted. – Sylvia Plath
116. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
117. “Unexpected intrusions of beauty. This is what life is.” ― Saul Bellow, Herzog
118. “In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” ― Leo Tolstoy
119. Life’s as kind as you let it be. ― Charles Bukowski
120. Your life is an occasion. Rise to it. – Suzanne Weyn, Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium
121. The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday. – ― Steve Maraboli
122. Dream your own dreams, achieve your own goals. Your journey is your own and unique. – Roy T Bennett
123. If you can’t do anything about it, laugh like hell. – David Cook / If you can’t do anything about it, laugh as much as you can.
124. Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it. – Irving Berlin / Life is 10% what you make of it and 90% how you react to it.
125. Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years. – Bill Gates / Most of us overestimate how much we can do in a year and underestimate how much we can do in 10 years.
126. If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. – Lin Yutang / If you can lose an afternoon in the most useless way, you have learned how to live.
127. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials. – Lin Yutang / Pe langa arta nobila de a face lucruri, este si nobila arta de a lasa lucrurile nefacute. Intelepciunea vietii consta in eliminarea a ceea ce este neesential.
128. Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. H. Jackson Brown Jr.
129. Spend the afternoon, you can’t take it with you. ― Annie Dillard
130. Life is half delicious yogurt, half crap, and your job is to keep the plastic spoon in the yogurt. ― Scott Adams
131. Be in love with your life, every detail of it. – Jack Kerouac
132. This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before. ― Maya Angelou
133. Go boldly and honestly through the world. Learn to love the fact that there is nobody else quite like you. ― Daniel Radcliffe
134. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness.
Motivational quotes about life
135. Before you can enjoy the view, you need to climb the mountain.
136. Any mountain peak can be reached if you continue to climb. – Barry Finlay
137. Change your life today, don’t bet on the future, act now, without delay. – Simone de Beauvoir
138. The most important achievements of mankind were accomplished by people who continued to try then that there seemed to be no hope. – Dale Carnegie
139. Don’t be sad, don’t be angry if life deceives you! Accept the suffering, your time of happiness will come, believe me. – Alexander Pushkin
140. The game of life is not so much about having a good hand as it is about playing a bad hand. – HT Leslie
Short quotes about life
141. Life is more than the speed with which we live it.
142. When nothing is certain, anything is possible. – Margaret Drabble
143. We miss all the chances we don’t use. / You miss every shot you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
144. Life is a puzzle in which most of the pieces are missing. – Anonymous
145. It doesn’t matter how long we live, but how. – Bailey
146. Life is a long lesson in modesty. – Barrie
147. Chance makes human life a soccer ball. – Seneca
148. Life is either an adventure nimic or nothing. – Helen Keller
149. When we become our best friends, life becomes easier.
150. To travel means to live. – Hans Christian Andersen
151. When life closes a door for you, open it again. It’s a door, that’s what it’s made of.
152. Everything that has a beginning has an end. Accept that and everything will be fine. – Buddha
153. My life and the reading list. – John Irving
154. In every life it must rain, some days it will be dark and gloomy. – Longfellow
155. Suffering is not optional, it is an essential course at the University of Life. – Steven Lawson
156. Challenges make life interesting, and overcoming them gives life meaning. – Joshua Marine
157. As soon as you start to trust yourself, you will know how to live. – Goethe, writer
158. Life begins on the other side of despair. – Jean Paul Sartre
159. I have a deep and hidden desire, hard to put into words, for something beyond everyday life. – Virginia Woolf
160. Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. – Anonymous
161. The first half of our lives are destroyed by our parents and the second by our children. – Clarence Darrow
162. It’s okay to die, but it’s scary not to enjoy life. – Victor Hugo