Friendship is not just about communication. The true friend is always there. If you need help, he will come without hesitation and, without expecting anything in return, will be by your shoulder.
In folklore, there are a lot of proverbs and sayings about friendship. We invite you to get acquainted with the most famous quotes and proverbs about true friendship, including written in English.
Proverbs about friends and friendship
These proverbs about friends and friendship teach you how to keep in touch and stay true to each other in any situation. Proverbs teaches you to distinguish good friends from bad ones, warn you, and tell you about the human qualities of a true friend.
Pentru Never leave an old one for a new friend.
➞ The friend in need knows each other.
He who is not submissive to his parents is not sincere or faithful to his friends either.
Friendship doubles things and sweetens troubles.
➞ The friend is known on dark days.
➞ Protect your friends – protect your life.
➞ Childhood is like water in a wicker basket.
➞ The road to a friend’s house is never long.
➞ Friendship is the hand that wipes away your tears when life hurts.
God forbid, my friends, for I am safe from enemies.
➞ When a friend asks you, there is no postponement for tomorrow.
➞ Better the enmity of the learned than the friendship of the ignorant.
➞ When I feel good, everyone is with me; when I’m sick, I’m the only one left.
➞ We make many enemies in the world through jokes.
➞ A living friend is a lot; two means a lot; three is almost impossible.
➞ Whatever friend you make, one day you will have to break up with him.
➞ Accurate calculations are the basis of good friendships.
➞ Anyone looking for a flawless friend will be left alone.
It’s good to know your friend’s fault, but it’s not good to share it with others.
The stingy man has no friends.
➞ Gold is tried in the fire and the friend in need.
➞ The heart is not for the table to spread to anyone.
➞ Accounts are made quickly between friends.
➞ To the one who has no friends, the place seems narrow as if it were between two palms placed in a cup.
- Friends don’t buy money.
- The distance is not far away, if the souls are close.
- Better without friends than with bad friends.
- Be friends with those who are better than yourself.
- When the ship drowns, the mice flee.
- Beware of the friend who consults with your enemy.
- Your parents give you nature, your friends choose you alone.
- I can’t be your friend and flatterer either.
- Among wines and friends, the best are the oldest.
- If your friend is blind, look at him in profile.
- The good horse is known as walking, the good man is known as friendship.
➞ Without friendship there is no love, without love there is no friendship.
The heart knows its friends.
➞ Tell me who you are friends with so I can tell you who you are.
➞ A true friend always remains your friend.
➞ Be friends with your neighbors, but don’t get your hands on their fences.
Friendship is such a sacred thing that even if it lasts only one day, it should never be forgotten.
If we go together, I want to feel your elbow.
➞ The true friend is like the emperor’s scepter.
➞ Better to be friends than to give and break.
When you are unsure of a person’s character, look at his friends.
➞ Don’t befriend the ungrateful man.
- True friends tell you the flaws in your face.
- The man’s friend is the bag of money and the sack of corn.
- Rebuke your friends in secret and praise them in public.
- When the feast lasts, the friendship lasts
Famous proverbs about friendship
Friendship is one of the most important aspects of life, where friends do not choose, but simply become. Supporting, helping, and engaging a friend is sometimes more important than any material reward or gift. We present famous proverbs about friendship, which will tell you how necessary it is to have a close person to whom you can share your interests, troubles, and joys in life.
🔔 The man without friends is like the left without the right.
🔔 Don’t tell your friend what you don’t want the enemy to know.
🔔 Those who ask for friendship without giving it in return are thieves of souls.
The unjust man has no true friends.
🔔 Friendship is a furrow in the ground.
🔔 Whoever walks on the sea, be friends with the storm.
🔔 Everything is new, only the friend is old.
🔔 If you want to know who the man is, find out who his friends are.
🔔 Friendship is a boat big enough to carry two when the weather is good and only one when the weather is bad.
🔔 The friend does not fight with the stick, but with the word.
He who has friends is not poor.
🔔 Between friends and water is as sweet as honey.
🔔 Those who sleep with dogs wake up with fleas.
Do not befriend the bad man, take the example of the good.
🔔 Even when a silver fountain flows at everyone’s gate, people will not stop needing each other.
🔔 Fuck your brother until you cross the bridge.
🔔 Whoever has an unfruitful friend, goes from bridge to bridge.
🔔 When you buy a horse look at its mouth; when you choose a friend, look at his soul.
It is difficult to find a friend and it is easier to lose him.
🔔 Friends come and go, but enemies gather.
🔔 Love your friend with all his flaws.
🔔 He prefers an enemy in front of him to a false friend.
🔔 Make new friends, but don’t forget old ones either.
🔔 Bou la bou rage, nebun la nebun trage.
- Those who fit in easily become friends.
- The featherless arrow is not good; it is difficult for a man without friends to live.
- The friend you can count on is a treasure.
- If you have a friend – frequent it, because thorns and thorns grow quickly on the unpaved road.
- A friend is one who knows all your flaws and still has eyes to see your qualities.
- Friendship is only possible between good people.
- Your best friend is yourself.
- If necessary, the friend is known and his wife is ill.
- There is no greater wealth than a true friend.
- Rare visits increase friendship.
- Beware of the friend who covers you with his wings and tears you with his beak.
- Friend is the one who made you see the glass half full and not half empty.
🔔 When there is no friendship, there will be no increase in work.
If you want to lose a friend, then lend him money.
🔔 May God protect me from stagnant waters; I avoid the flowing ones.
🔔 Friends are as long as there is wine and food; husband and wife are as long as they have wood and rice.
🔔 The friend who does not see for you what he sees for himself is not good.
🔔 Whoever seeks flawless friends, without friends remains.
🔔 Get to know your friends so you can love them and your enemies so you can control them.
The one who shows you flaws is not always the enemy; the one who praises your merits is not always a friend.
🔔 It’s hard to make a friend in a year, it’s easy to get lost in an hour.
🔔 You can only rely on three things in three specific circumstances: courage is known only when it is put to the test, wisdom when it is offended, and friendship in need.
- If you do nothing for a friend, all your prayers will be in vain.
- The best clothes are the new ones, the best friends are the old ones.
- The friend is earned through fidelity, modesty, and generosity.
- The hole in a sewing needle is enough for two true friends.
- The friend makes you cry, the enemy makes you laugh.
- When a man is sick, his friends disappear.
- You have money, you have friends; You have no money, you have no friends.
- Life without any friends is like death without anyone around.
- They are all friends with the happy ones.
➡️ Who you meet, you resemble.
➡️ Friendship ends where distrust begins.
➡️ Don’t hesitate to break up with a friend who betrays you.
➡️ If you want your dog to follow you, feed him.
➡️ Not everyone who laughs is your friend: not everyone who gets upset is your enemy.
➡️ A friend’s wound never heals.
➡️ Love your friend sparingly, because one day he might be your enemy. And hate your enemy sparingly, because one day he might be your friend.
➡️ Get behind the hell until you cross the gorge.
➡️ Brother, brother, but cheese is for money.
➡️ Friendship is beautiful, let’s not let it die.
➡️ The money friend knows each other.
➡️ With your friend to eat, to drink, but not to make alis-veris.
➡️ He who befriends nice people, goes straight.
Proverbs about true friends
A proverb about friendship will help you if you want to characterize your sense of trust, community, and respect for another person. This is a great way to evaluate your friends’ actions and what they mean to you. Here are some proverbs about true friends:
✔️ The true and secret friend helps you without your knowledge.
✔️ A friend in my village is worth more than sixteen influential brothers in the court.
✔️ The one who mourns and rejoices with you, that is your best friend.
✔️ The good horse has many amateurs; the good man has many friends.
✔️ A friend is someone who knows your flaws and accepts you as you are.
✔️ Three things cannot be forgotten in this world: Homeland, friendship and first love.
✔️ If your friend is honey, you don’t want to eat everything.
✔️ The man with friends does not perish.
✔️ Better a hundred friends than a hundred friends.
✔️ A friend makes more than a bag of money.
✔️ Be your own friend and others will become your friends.
- Whoever found a true friend won a treasure in life.
- The dog is man’s best friend.
- With the help of true friends, you can even bring an elephant into the house.
- The true friend is the one who counsels you for good, not the one who praises all your folly.
- The only way to have friends is to be a good friend yourself.
- A circle of friends is not made with the compass.
- True friendship can’t change a thousand horses.
- The true friend – invaluable wealth.
- A devoted friend is better than a close relative.
- Make new friends, but don’t give up on old ones.
- No fortune is more precious than a good friend.
✔️ Only true friends tell you when your face is dirty.
✔️ Friends stay friends. Those who do not stay mean that they have not been.
✔️ Where there is a lot of food, there is a lot of fish; Pleasant people have many friends.
✔️ Remember, a good friend is hard to find.
✔️ Choose your friends as your books: few but good.
✔️ When friends are faithful to each other, they are not afraid of death either.
✔️ Crow to crow shoots. Crow to crow does not take his eyes off.
✔️ The friend is kept in three ways: to honor him in the presence, to praise him in the absence and to help him in need.
✔️ A friend with seven defects is worth more than a stranger.
✔️ Whoever has a good friend no longer needs a mirror.
✔️ The old friend is like wine that, the older it gets, the more tasteful it is to drink.
- Meeting an old friend in a faraway land is rain after a long drought.
- With good friends you eat rolls.
- Friendship is a flower that does not bloom on the side of the road.
- The weather shows the friend in truth, like fire on gold.
- You get along well with someone when you get along with them.
- The true friend is not upset when you tell him the truth.
- No fortune is better than a good friend.
- True friendship never goes out.
✔️ Keep a true friend with you with both hands.
✔️ Good friend – the gate of heaven.
Proverbs about friendship in English
By communicating with other people, we find like-minded people, allies, people with whom we share common opinions, interests, and hobbies. But how important this form of socialization is and what dangers it can present, can tell us the sayings passed down from generation to generation – not only in Romanian, but also the well-known proverbs about friendship in English.
🌎 There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live just a little bit better.
🌎 Good friends help you find important things when you have lost them. Your smile, you hope, and your courage.
🌎 A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in the garden.
🌎 Friendship isn’t a big thing it’s a million little things.
🌎 The wolf and the dog agree, at the expense of the goat which together they eat.
🌎 When I eat your bread, I sing your song.
🌎 You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks.
🌎 The road to a friend’s house is never long.
One enemy is too many and a hundred friends too few.
🌎 Make a friend when you don’t need one.
🌎 Friends are God’s way of taking care of us.
🌎 A dog is man’s best friend.
🌎 A friend to all is a friend to none.
🌎 A friend’s eye is a good mirror.
🌎 Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. (Italian proverb)
🌎 Friends and wine should be old. (Spanish Proverb)
🌎 The road to a friend’s house is never long. (Danish Proverb)
Tell me who’s your friend and I’ll tell you who you are. (Russian Proverb)
🌎 Books and friends should be few but good. (Greek Proverb)
🌎 On the road between homes of friends, grass does not grow. (Norwegian Proverb)
🌎 Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver, the other is gold. (English Proverb)
🌎 Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief. (Swedish Proverb)
🌎 A friend in need is a friend indeed. (Latin Proverb)
🌎 A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
🌎 A man is known by his friends.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- As thick as thieves.
- Birds of a feather flock together.
- False friends are worse than open enemies.
- Familiarity breeds contempt.
- Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.
- Friendship is love with understanding.
- A friend at hand is better than a relative at a distance.
🌎 Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
🌎 Lend your money. Lose your friend.
🌎 A man who has friends must himself be friendly.
🌎 The rich knows not who is his friend.
🌎 Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.
🌎 It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers. (Persian Proverb)
🌎 The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb. (German Proverb)
🌎 A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away. (Arabian Proverb)
A fool may be known by six things: anger, without cause; speech, without profit; change, without progress; inquiry, without an object; putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends. (Arabian Proverb)
- No road is too long in the company of a good friend. (Japanese Proverb)
- Be careful of your enemy once and of your friend a thousand times, for a double-crossing friend knows more evil. (Arabian Proverb)
- There is no better brother than a good next-door neighbor. (Spanish Proverb)
- In union, there is a strength. (Spanish Proverb)
- Old friends and old wine and old gold are best. (Spanish Proverb)
- May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it never fall out. (Irish Proverb)
🌎 Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that have stuck with you. (Irish Proverb)
🌎 A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together, tomorrow. (Irish Proverb)