Pinterest is quickly becoming one of the top go-to social networks as of 2021. With Statista reporting 335 million active users worldwide, Pinterest has become a home for users to get visual inspiration, shop, and make connections. Whether you’re a blogger, influencer, business or brand, using Pinterest as part of your marketing strategy is a great way to get visibility and grow your audience.
Why is Pinterest Effective for Marketing?
Since Pinterest is a visually driven platform, users have the ability to search and find images that match their interests and curiosities, giving you the potential to tap into a vast potential customer base from the get-go. Here are a few reasons why Pinterest is an effective platform for marketing:
• People spend more time on Pinterest than other top social media networks
• Popular product pages get up to 200 million views per month
• 89% of weekly users have made a purchase because of content from brands on Pinterest
• 56% of users are Millennials
• 63% of users are female
• 56% of users have an average household income of over $75,000
These statistics show that Pinterest is a great platform for marketers and businesses to reach their target audiences and drive conversions.
How to Set Up Your Pinterest Account
Before starting any Pinterest marketing campaigns, it’s important to first make sure you have a well-made Pinterest profile. Here’s how to set up an account:
Go to Pinterest.com and click on “Create Profile” to begin the sign-up process.
Choose either the “business” or “personal” account option.
Once you’ve chosen a type of account, fill out the basic information such as name, email address, and password.
Decide on a profile picture for your account.
Write a short bio about what your account does.
Choose categories that you want to specialize in.
Complete the email verification process and confirm your account.
Connect your other social accounts and website.
Now that your account is all set up, it’s time to start building an audience with Pinterest marketing.
Tips for Nailing Pinterest Marketing
Pinterest marketing is all about creating visuals that will draw the attention of your target audience and encourage them to engage with your content. Here are some tips to help you nail Pinterest marketing:
• Optimize your profile – Make sure your profile is customized to fit your brand or product. Include a profile picture, add a link to your website, include categories that best describe your brand, and a clear bio that lets people know what your profile is about.
• Use keywords – Come up with relevant keywords that you want to add to your posts. This will help make sure your pins are searchable and can be found by the right people.
• Create boards – Determine what type of boards you want to have and add them to your profile. For example, if you’re an online retailer, you may create boards for different categories of products you are selling.
• Design pins – Design creative pins that match with the content of your boards and include short descriptions.
• Re-pin content – Re-pin content from other Pinterest users that is related to your content.
• Promote your pins outside of Pinterest – Post your pins on other social networks, blog posts, and other platforms that you are active on.
Pinterest Ads are another great way to reach your target audience. Pinterest Ads are ads that appear in users’ feeds when they search using keywords. They are a great way to reach users who are actively searching for content related to your product or brand. Here are a few tips to help you maximize your Pinterest Ads campaigns:
• Use relevant keywords – Make sure that the ad you create is relevant to the keywords you are targeting. This will ensure that your ads are reaching the right audience.
• Optimize your ad images – Design eye-catching pins that have a call-to-action (such as “Shop Now”). This will draw people’s attention and encourage them to click on the ad.
• Incorporate video – Video ads are a great way to stand out and draw attention to your product or brand.
• Link back to landing pages – When you’re promoting a product, make sure to send users to a landing page instead of a blog post. This will help encourage conversions.
• Track your ads – Make sure to track the performance of your ads by analyzing the impressions and click-through rates. This will help you determine which ads are most effective.
Pinterest is a great platform for marketers and businesses to reach their target audience and increase visibility and conversions. With an effective Pinterest marketing strategy and Pinterest Ads, you can effectively promote your product, brand, and content and drive more sales and website traffic for your business. By following the tips above, you’ll be well on your way to nailing Pinterest marketing and Pinterest ads.