How to Apply Concealer: Ways to Make It Look Invisible
Concealer is an essential tool for any makeup routine. Whether it’s for covering pesky pimples, redness, dark circles, or discoloration, concealer can be a real game-changer. But no matter how good the coverage is on the product, if you don’t apply it correctly it won’t look right. In order to make sure your concealer looks seamless, natural, and virtually invisible, read through our guide on how to apply concealer the correct way.
Choose the Right Product
Before applying your concealer, you first have to find the right one that suits your skin type and the area you will be covering. A good rule of thumb when selecting the right product is to opt for one that is lighter than your foundation and matches your skin undertones. For example, if you have an orangey undertone to your skin, your concealer should be light with a slightly pink undertone. To add extra coverage to your under-eye area, you could choose a concealer with light reflecting pigments which will brighten the skin for a more youthful appearance.
Prepare Your Skin
If you want to get the most out of your concealer, prepping is essential. Wheels and patches of dry skin not only make the application process complicated, but it can also cause your concealer to look cakey and over-applied. Before you start applying, make sure to cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin to ensure it is hydrated and ready for makeup.
Once your skin is prepped and you have chosen your right product, it is time to apply your concealer. For best results use a damp formed buffer brush and dab the product into the desired area with a patting motion. Continue to build up the layer of concealer until you are happy with the coverage.
Set With Powder
Concealer can move and crease over time, leaving it looking cakey and unnatural. To prevent this, set your concealer with a light dusting of setting powder. This will help to lock your makeup in place with a matte finish that will leave your concealer looking and feeling invisible.
Tips for Getting the Perfect Finish
Now you know the basics of how to apply concealer, here are a few tried and tested tips for getting a flawless finish:
● Don’t neglect your neck. While it may seem like a mundane task, it is important to blend your concealer down onto your neck to avoid any patchy lines.
● Change the method for different areas. Applying your concealer with a brush for the under-eye area may be the most effective, however, for the rest of your face a damp beauty blender will give a natural finish.
● Choose the right shade. Always opt for a slightly lighter shade than your foundation to give your skin a naturally brighter and awake look.
● Set it and forget it. Once your concealer is blended, set it with a light dusting of powder to keep it in place throughout the day.
● Don’t over-apply. To flawless coverage apply a thin layer of product and build on desired.
● Don’t forget your brows. Apply a small amount of concealer around your eyebrows to make them look sharper and more defined.
Now you know the in-depth guide of how to apply concealer correctly to make it look invisible. Remember to choose the right product, prep your skin, apply with a buffer brush, and set the product with a light dusting of powder. Using these tips you can achieve full coverage without the worry of creasing, and enjoy concealer that looks totally invisible.